Skip to main content
Mo's Corner

Holiday Safety Reminders

By September 26, 2022No Comments

Mo here, and while I’m ecstatic about the awesome holiday tree and decorations that have been set up for me to destroy, I am reminded of some important safety lessons to avoid a CATastrophic holiday season.

The Holiday Tree

Secure it tightly so it doesn’t fall over. Your pet will be very curious about the new arrival and my want to explore each branch.

Tree Water

Cover the water dish for your tree with a skirt or towel to avoid pet drinking. Tree water may contain fertilizers that can be hazardous or toxic to your pet leading to diarrhea, nausea and stomach upset. The water can also become a great place for bacteria to culture and grow.


Place ornaments out of reach of pet paws. These can become a choking hazard if ingested and when broken can lead to injury or irritation.

Homemade Ornaments

Play dough and salt dough ornaments are an alluring and appetizing treat to your furry friends. These are heavily salted and when ingested can cause life-threatening electrolyte imbalances.


Simply put, toss it. This is very attractive to cats with its shiny appearance and tantalizing strings. If consumed though it can lead to severe vomiting and potential digestive obstruction requiring surgery.


Set these away from curious paws and whiskers.

Wires (electric lights)

Your electric lights can deliver a lethal shock if chewed on. Avoid these at pet level, and inspect regularly for loose or frayed wires. Batteries can also create corrosive burns to the digestive tract if chewed on or swallowed.


No peeking! These can be a threat to curious pets rummaging around under the tree. Be sure to keep all wrapped foods and treats up and away from your pets. Remember they can smell them and won’t wait to unwrap it!

More Holiday Tips:


Author AR{yxGW44e

More posts by AR{yxGW44e